QuickBooks comes with many editions or versions. It offers a wide range options for organization at both ends of the small-business spectrum. The QuickBooks Pro edition is made for most business at any scale. The QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions comes with enhanced features and speed for larger business. On the other hands, the QuickBooks Online Editions offers features that accessible from anywhere. On this post, we are going to show you some detailed information about QuickBooks Edition. At the end, we hope you can choose the best version or edition of QuickBooks.
Choosing The Right QuickBooks Edition
1. QuickBooks Online
Below, we are going to discuss about what QuickBooks features and how it works for your business. Here’s an overview of what each QuickBooks editions can do.
- QuickBooks Online Simple Start. This is a low-cost QuickBooks Online edition which is designed for small businesses. It comes with many features but it requires very simple accounting needs. Its only available for one person running QuickBooks at a time. QuickBooks Online Simple Start is easy to set up and use. It does not have features such as entering bills, managing inventory, tracking time or sharing the company file with the accountant. Its only support transaction from one bank or credit card account only.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials allows up to three persons run and managing your QuickBooks at a time. This version allows you to add as many as bank accounts and credit cards. The QB Online Essentials offers features like automatic invoicing, entering bills and you can control what other users can access your QB resources.
- QuickBooks Online Plus has the most of QB Pro. The main differences between Online Plus and QuickBooks Pro is the way you access the software. The Online Plus does not need to be installed on your PC while the QB Pro does. In this version, up to five persons can access.
- QuickBooks Self Employed. If you are a freelancer or contractor, this edition is for you. It helps you to pay estimated taxes and track your self-employment income and expenses. Never miss any income or expenses any more.
QuickBooks Online Apps let you run QuickBooks Online from any devices. You can run it from your PC, Laptop, Android smartphone, iPad, Android tablets and so on. The QuickBooks Online editions are subscription based. You can choose to pay monthly or yearly based on your needs. No need to deal with software update, complex installation etc. QuickBooks Online editions are just works, no hassle.
Well, QuickBooks online is available in several plans. You can freely choose plan that suits your needs. Go to this page and select the plan you want. Starting with as low as $10 per month, you can start using QuickBooks Online.
The new QuickBooks Pro is a powerful desktop edition of QuickBooks. This desktop version allows up to three users work on a company file at a time. It includes many features including tasks for invoicing, entering and paying company bills, job costing, create estimates, create and distribute reports and forms as email attachment. You can also create budgets, projecting cash flow, mileage tracking feature, customize forms, price with price levels. In this QuickBooks pro, you can also print shipping labels, and it is well integrated with Word, Excel and many other software. The QuickBook Pro editions can include up to 14,500 entries and other list of accounts can have up to 10,000 entries.
QuickBooks Pro needs to be installed on a PC or laptop. It supports the latest Windows 10. The latest QuickBooks Pro 2018 can be downloaded from this link. We recommend you to check the Amazon price below before deciding to purchase QuickBooks Pro 2018.
If the QuickBooks Pro is not enough for you, or you need more people to work at the same time, you should go for QuickBooks Premier. It allows up to 5 simultaneous users. Also, it can handle inventory items assembled from other items and components. You can generate purchase orders from sales order and estimates, apply price levels to individual items, export report templates, produce budgets and forecasts, and work with different units of measure for items. Plus, it offers enhanced invoicing for time and expenses, and includes a few extra features like reversing
4. QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
This QuickBooks edition is designed for Enterprise users. It can handle up to 30 simultaneous users at a time. Compared to QuickBooks Pro and Premier, the simultaneous access to the Enterprise edition is twice faster than those two versions. The Database on the QB Enterprise edition can handle more than 100,000 names in the customer, Vendor, Employee and other name lists.
Because there are more people can access the company file at once, this QB Enterprise comes with features such as an enhanced audit trail, better options for assigning or limiting user permissions. Also we can delegate administrative functions to the other people using the software.
Now you should have a brief understanding of the QuickBooks edition. And we hope this little explanation can give you a clear idea to choose which QuickBooks Edition that works best for you and your business.