As you might know, QuickBooks is available for Windows and also Mac. But, if you are planning to use QuickBooks Online, you can use any Operating System including Linux, Android or iOS. Before you can install QuickBooks Desktop on your Mac computer, here are some check list you should know.
There is no exact information about the system requirements to install and run QuickBooks on Mac, but the following information should be useful.
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Internet Connection
- Product registration to enable the full version
Personally, I am not pretty sure if the older version prior to Yosemite is supported. Apart from the list above, there are additional things you should have in order to run QuickBooks properly.
- If you are planning to export report data, you’ll need Apple Numbers v3.5 or Microsoft Excel for Mac.
- If you want to email forms from QuickBooks (like invoices and sales receipts) , you must have Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook for Mac v15, or Microsoft Outlook: Mac 2011
How to Install QuickBooks on Mac
Installing QuickBooks on Mac is super easy. You may visit the QuickBooks website to obtain the installation file for Mac. You may download the trial version or you can also purchase the QuickBooks full version.
To Install QuickBooks:
- Download .dmg file
- Open the downloaded .dmg file. A window will open showing a QuickBooks icon and an Application folder icon
- Drag and drop the “QuickBooks 2018” icon on to the Application folder
- Go to Application folder and double click the QuickBooks icon to open it.
That’s it. We hope this information is useful for you to get started to use QuickBooks on Mac.